Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What DO They Know???

I face the world with a smile, no one
knows what is hide inside.
They see only happiness, they cant see
the tears I’ve cried.
When I am alone I hurt, because here I
do it well.
In front of all the watchful eyes my
heaven turns to hell.
The judge and jury awaits me, everyone
has a say.
In a life that hangs suspended for yet
another day.
Who are they to judge if what I have
done is right or wrong?
In the end I gave him up, but inside
still sing his song.
I don’t know how to find the strength
I thought I had.
If only I could play tough it wouldn’t
be so bad.
They say that life goes on and someday
I’ll smile again.
But, how do they know my pain without
being where I’ve been?
I’ve traveled so far from home, and
can’t find my way back.
Somewhere along the way I must have
jumped the track.
I saw him just today and his smile is
still the same.
He looked at me so sweetly, but never
spoke my name.
I wonder if he remembers me, It hasn’t
been that long.
He may have forgotten me, but I still
sing his song…..

No comments: