Saturday, February 28, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Surely, it would really look nice on anyone using Diamonds and they will look magnificent. But I warn you there's a special way of handling this kind of expensive item, which BlueNile.com has dedicated to serve their customers. They are indeed very accommodating and keenly helped each customer which products is fitted and educate them on how to handle such expensive jewelries.
I'm also thinking of purchasing one for my parents since their wedding anniversary is coming. I think it will be a memorable gift for both of them. So guys, if you have friends or relatives who are about to get married or just have the passion of collecting jewelry items spread to them about BlueNile.com shop.
Monday, February 23, 2009
So guys, if you want your grandparents find an outlet to express themselves and found new friends then click the above link as this will be a good start of their new life. It would be a lot of fun learning that your grandparents though old could still mingle with their age group and take note this will help them regenerate their cells thus making them less aged.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
So if we could make money out of our blog then why are some of my online friends not taking updates anymore? As you can see, I have been blogging for about 9 months already and true enough I have earned from it. I was indeed grateful to have accomplished lots of things from my earnings with blogging.
But lately, I noticed that some sites are not quite just with paying bloggers. I know it's really difficult to establish a good blog and achieved good traffic as well as higher Page Rank but inspite our tremedous efforts advertisers and companies still pay less. I think this is the very reason why some of my blogger friends are not satisfied anymore with this kind of trend and here's more, you are paid cents with 200-300 words? Is that justifiable?
With regards to my situation I have been having difficulties with this blog as I think many advertisers are not in favor with bravejournal sites and I have some payables from paid sites which is around $80 I guess, maybe their system is no longer working or they say they could not track my url but i think it's working fine.
But I'm not saying this is the end of my blog career, I still would blog becuase I loved it and it makes me happy meeting new acquaitances and learning new stuff. I just hope advertisers would be alarm with this kind of situation.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Grab a pen and paper and test your cancer knowledge. It just might save your life. (No cheating!)
- People who smoke pipes and cigars are not at increased risk of cancer.
- Saccharine does not increase the risk of cancer.
- Use of antiperspirants and deodorants are not associated with the subsequent development of breast cancer.
- Eating grilled meats does not raise the risk of cancer.
- The risk of dying from cancer is increasing in the U.S.
- Long-time smokers can reduce their cancer risk by quitting smoking.
- Some injuries can cause cancer later in life.
- Cell phones increase the risk of brain cancer.
- People who smoke low-tar cigarettes have less chance of developing lung cancer than those who smoke regular cigarettes.
- Only women get breast cancer.
- Cancer is not contagious.
- Treating cancer with surgery will cause it to spread throughout the body.
- FALSE - Smoking cigars or a pipe increases the risk of oral cancer (and coronary heart disease).
- TRUE - No credible evidence has been found that saccharine, aspartame, or other commercially available artificial sweeteners increase the risk of cancer.
- TRUE - Neither the National Cancer Institute nor the FDA has found any link between the use of these products and breast cancer.
- FALSE - Grilling meat creates chemicals called heterocyclicamines, which are associated with an increased risk of cancer. Avoid well-done or charred meats; they contain the largest amounts of these harmful chemicals.
- FALSE - In recent years, the risk of dying of cancer in the U.S. has been falling.
- TRUE - Although the increased risk of cancer in smokers never goes away completely, the likelihood of developing cancer (and coronary heart disease) falls significantly after a person stops smoking.
- TRUE - Some traumatic injuries, as when sunburn damages the DNA within skin cells, can cause cancer.
- FALSE - Cell phones cause accidents if used while driving, but they do not cause brain cancer or other forms of cancer.
- FALSE - A study from MIT found that the risk of lung cancer was no different among people who smoked medium-tar, low-tar, or very-low-tar cigarettes.
- FALSE - Although men are at much lower risk for breast cancer than women, men can get breast cancer too.
- TRUE - While cancer is not contagious, two types of viral infections greatly increase the risk of cancer: The sexually transmitted human papillomavirus is currently the leading cause of cervical cancer, while the hepatitis C virus, transmitted through infected intravenous needles and sexual activity, increases the chance of liver cancer.
- FALSE - Surgery is the most effective treatment for most cancers.
The above link is dedicated to help married couples learn more about getting through married life. It will help them learn new things about life and a good resource for all. It is a channel for people to get in touch with other people who feel the same way or having the same problems. This site is valuable to all as it brings you joy, happiness, camaraderie and lot of learning.
So what are you waiting for? If you have friends who are newly wed or will be receiving the sacrament of matrimony soon then why not introduced them to this site. This will help them improve and mold them a more stable family in the future.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Good thing, I discovered Catholic Chat, A good place to search for new friends who are dedicated to so much in the Church. I think, it will be a lot of fun and exciting meeting new friends from around the globe and you'll be able to share new experiences in life.
I guess the internet world has really evolved into something wonderful portal for all people to chat and mingle with other races. It would be a great way to discuss views, personal experiences and just have fun meeting new friends. So guys, if you felt bored and nothing to do, please check the above link and have fun meeting new acquaintances. Go ahead, and check this site as it will give you promising benefits and share this good news too with your friends.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
How about accepting help from a certified partner? For example, Your business is not effective? Use TeamWox GroupWare!. They have been working on helping companies for years and their aims include transparency of work activities, help employees with efficacy with work, cost cutting and more productive income. Isn't this site really what we need most? They are indeed helping every company achieve a promising future.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
After sometime of waiting I finally finished my DFA agenda so I went to BDO to purchase a bankdraft form for my Nclex Renewal... too bad BDO have their cut off time and so I'll come back to their office tommorow after my graveyard duty.
You know what guys, I think time is very essential for me lately as I have lots of things to attend to and soem papers needs to be followed up as they are about to expire, not to mention the amount I have used for paying all the renewals....huhu...anyways, thanks God I've managed to have completed almost all my agenda for this day.
- Once you're tagged, install the corner banner at your blog as a third party html code. (The corner banner need to stay at your blog for at least 2 weeks). Get the banner code here.
- Post about this meme, Valentine's Love.
- Add your blog/s with link/s to the Valentine's Lovers list and leave a comment at this post HERE.
- Tag all your special friends.
- Please remember to update your list regularly so that you would not miss out anyone in your Valentine's Lovers list.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
3) Add your blog/s with link/s to the Valentine's Lovers list and leave a comment at this post HERE.
4) Tag all your special friends.
5) Please remember to update your list regularly so that you would not miss out anyone in your Valentine's Lovers list.
1.A Great Pleasure 2. Time Goes By 3. Listen With Your Heart 4. Glossalicious 5. Wishing on a Falling Star 6. Mariuca's Perfume Gallery 7. Simply Shinade 8. A Simple Life 9. Mommy's Little Corner 10. Ramblings of the Phat 11. 0007 Undercover TAGMEMAWARD CAT 12. Notes by Marvic 13. Maiylah's Snippets 14. Picture Clusters 15. This is a Miracle 16. purplefrogcat 17. Also Mommy 18. Both Sides Now 19. illusionaire 20. Life According To Me 21. MyLifeStory 22. Life Sails 23. Life Rocks 24. All About Me 25. Lily of the Valley 26.
p/s: The wordings on this banner with automatically change to 'Tagged with Love! xoxo' on Feb 15.
Anyway, I am tagging weng, jhelea, marie, jen, anne, and ate rose.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
- Only use your bed for sleeping or having sex, not for reading, doing paperwork, watching TV, snacking, or making phone calls.
- If you've been lying in bed but are beginning to fear you're not going to drop off, try some of these techniques: Count sheep or count backwards from 100 (one of my favorites) to stop yourself from thinking about the problems of yesterday or tomorrow; breathe deeply for awhile; or visualize some peaceful place.
- If you can't get to sleep after lying in bed for 30 minutes or more, get up for awhile. What to do? Try reading something incredibly boring.
- Develop a bedtime routine.
- Keep regular bedtime hours.
- Before bedtime, avoid tobacco and caffeinated beverages (not just coffee, but other drinks like tea, cola, and Dr. Pepper).
- Avoid alcohol right before bedtime — a nightcap might get your mind fuzzy enough to put you to sleep, but such sleep may be interrupted by periods of awakening. By contrast, the stress-lowering effect of a drink with dinner may help to promote sleep later.
- Avoid naps (or falling asleep in front of boring TV programs, as I do).
- Try to get up at the same time every day rather than sleeping in on weekends.
- Exercise every day, but not shortly before bedtime since exercise gets the adrenaline going.
- If you use an illuminated clock for a wakeup alarm, place it where you can't keep looking at it to check the time.
- Buy a firm mattress and keep your bedroom well ventilated (a cool temperature works best for me).
- And you might also try some of these: a warm bath, warm milk, light bedtime snack, massage, or quiet music (which turns itself off automatically).
- Use earplugs for extreme quiet.
- If you have a painful joint or a headache, take a pain pill before bedtime (but be sure it doesn't contain caffeine).
- Avoid stimulating reading or television shows late at night.
If the insomnia stubbornly persists, check with your doctor to make sure some underlying health problem (such as depression, anxiety, hyperthyroidism, heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) isn't keeping you awake. If all is well, you might ask for one of the several types of prescription sleeping pills that can be useful in the short term.
By: Simeon Margolis, M.D., Ph.D.
No one can live a long and healthy life without the will to go on; sometimes mood swings can make us feel that life is too much for us.
A bad mood not only gives you a gloomy outlook, it also lowers your immune function, leading the way to illness. Here are some suggestions to lift your mood, your spirit, and your health.
1. A Laughing Matter
"Laugh Therapy," pioneered by Norman Cousins, has turned out to have real substance. Research has discovered that laughter and joy boost immune functions, especially the production of the natural killer cells that help defend the body from illness and cancer.
Laughter also increases the release of endorphins - compounds that give you a sense of well-being - in your brain. Without a doubt, joyful people liver longer and healthier lives. So read your favorite comics, watch your favorite comedies, and laugh it up!
2. Amino Acid for Restored Mindset
When an imbalance or deficiency is creating a bad mood, the Europeans use supplements of a natural compound found in human cells to regulate mood and restore a healthy mindset. SAMe (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) is produced from methionine, an amino acid that plays a role in the production of uplifting neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine.
One study indicated that SAMe worked on patients who had unsuccessful results with conventional antidepressants. To get a boost from SAMe, take a supplement combining it with vitamins B6 and B12.
3. Hands-On Healing
Human touch increases the production of endorphins, growth hormone, and DHEA, all of which lengthen your life span and lower the negative impact of stress. Studies have found that patients who are regularly touched recover faster than those who are not touched. So give someone a hug and feel both of your moods improve.
4. Boost Your "Youth Hormones"
You don't need pills to flood your body with a rejuvenating flood of growth hormones. Research has found that doing squats and leg presses will greatly increase your natural production of the "youth hormone". Increased growth hormone translates to an elevated mood, among other physical benefits. Keep it up with weight training, knee bends, push-ups, and rowing.
5. Take a Bracing Breath
Breathing correctly is important for dispelling the toxins and wastes from your body; in fact, it is estimated that we expel only about 30 percent of toxins in our bodies through the bowels and bladder-the rest is all respiratory. Breathing is also a great way to clear your mind, boost your energy, and improve your mood. Practice deep, slow, rhythmic, breathing daily with mind-body disciplines such as tai chi, yoga, qigong, and meditation.
6. Smell the Joy
Research has shown that smell has a definite impact on our bodies and minds. When you stimulate the olfactory nerves inside your nose, you activate the limbic system of your brain, which is associated with moods and memory. This concept is instrumental to aromatherapy, a natural health tradition that makes use of the healing powers of plants with strong scents.
7. Feel Fine with Flowers
There is a reason that flowers are the traditional get-well gesture. Colorful flowers have a powerful influence on moods; they can uplift a patient's mood and even combat stress. One study found that during a five-minute typing assignment, people sitting next to a flowering bouquet were more relaxed than those who sat near foliage-only plants.
By Dr. Maoshing Ni
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
HOW CAN YOU HELP
Step 1: Exercise your right. Go out and register! Registration is on-going at the local COMELEC office from now until December 15, 2009. (ARMM areas shall begin on a later date)
Are you qualified to register?
All citizens of the
At least eighteen (18) years of age
Have resided in the
Have resided in the place wherein they propose to vote for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the election
If you are a First time voter (meaning you have never registered at all and will at least be 18 years old by May 10, 2010), go to the office of the election officer of the city or municipality where you reside, during office hours - from today to December 19, 2009 to apply for registration.
If you are a registered voter of a city or municipality, but has transferred your residence to another city or municipality (must be at least a 6 month resident of the new locality from the date of the election), you need to go to the office of election officer of your new or present city of municipality and apply for TRANSFER of Registration. If your new residence is within the same city or municipality where you are currently registered, you also need to go to the election officer of said locality and report your new address so that the your registration records will be adjusted accordingly and that your new precinct number can be determined.
If you are a previous registrant who failed to vote in the 2007 Senatorial elections and 2007 Barangay elections, your file may have been already deactivated and stricken off the list. Go to the office of the election officer of the city of municipality where you are a registered voter to apply for the REACTIVATION of your registration records.
If you are a current registered voter you are encouraged to check and verify your name and precinct - (either go to the office of the local Election officer or use the COMELEC precinct finder @ www.comelec.gov.ph)
Step 2: Share the information and help people responsibly exercise their political rights.
Confusion during election day due to alleged missing names may be traced also to people not being aware of the registration process. By doing something now, we could lessen potential problems caused by lack of information. Don’t disenfranchise yourself! Go check your registration status now!!
Step 3: Empower vulnerable sectors to register and vote in 2010
Give access and assistance for people with disabilities, elderly, indigenous voters, and internally displaced persons.
Encourage First time Voters to register and not to cram on the last day of registration
Step 4: Take the extra mile—volunteer to possibly do any of these –
Attend activities of TF 2010. You will be notified of these activities
Contribute time, if you have, to help the Secretariat
Contribute creative work.
Organize small voter education discussion s/sessions with friends, colleagues and neighbors and discuss election and other current issues of the day.
Invite TF 2010 lead convenors to speak before your school, organization etc. You can be a voter education trainer yourself!
Host a public forum, dialogue, stakeholders meeting, barangay hall meeting for TF 2010 activities
Adopt the TF 2010 campaign in your local community
Organize in your local communities a group that would monitor the on-going registration process
Assist COMELEC in the conduct of registration, if asked.
File exclusion proceedings in court of those on the voter’s list but you personally know are disqualified to be part of the list -- with the help of volunteer lawyers of TF 2010, you can weed out names that shouldn’t be in the voters list
There’s so much to do, and so little time. So lend your hand and help the campaign now!
TO VOLUNTEER/HELP - CONTACT: TF 2010 Secretariat contact nos. +63(2)4090742/4266101/4266001 loc 4867
email address: email@example.com
This is what I wanted to give my mom, a special gift for Valentines Day. And here's more if you visit New York Times and read their articles, it says many things about the essence of buying and taking care of eyeglasses. You see, you'll be happy, satisfied and you'll learn more about Zenni Optical. So guys, if you are thinking of buying glasses, do visit the above link and choose from their wide selection of frames, lenses and styles. Buying your parents new pair of eyeglasses would be a great gift for your loved ones this Valentines Day
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
In class, you were either asking lots of questions or getting lost in a daydream.
You excelled at brainstorming. People were always amazed with what you came up with.
You didn't do as well with structured activities. Giving you freedom was the only way to make you shine.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others'.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past.
Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past.
That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and
fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, instead be beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about