Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To mY Dearest Mom- Happy Birthday



















When does a house become a home? When you've moved your furniture in? When you've spent your first night there? Cooked your first meal? I happen to think it becomes a "home" whenever you've put your personal stamp on it. But still there's a lacking piece until my mom added her special touches. She was the wallpaper hanger and curtain maker. She filled the house with smells of good food and such touches of beauty as hand- crocheted edging our pillow cases. It was she who spooned out the cough syrup and helped with the homework. And it was she who taught me what home making is all about- that it's more than what you do, it's how much you care. My mom brought light and sunshine to our house. With her help, I can say " Life goes on, Learning goes on. I thank you Mom, and happy birthday

No comments: